AddressLondon, Morden View map
What is the impression taking course?
This advanced tutor led course is aimed at registered dental nurse with an interest in taking impressions on patients. The impression taking course is a one day in house workshop which offers students with an insight into taking impressions for a broad spectrum of patients with the GDC’s scope of practice.
After completion of the course you will be issued your cRoC which you will have 12 months to complete. Your witness will be supervising you whilst completing the impressions and your portfolio to show your ability. On successfully passing all units, you will be issued a certificate of completion.
What will I study on the course?
You will be provided with the knowledge needed to complete essay questions and produce high quality impressions in the following areas:
- Study models
- Orthodontic appliances
- Bleaching trays
- Mouth guards
By the end of the course, the dental nurse will be able to:
- Work on a patient from a GDC registered clinician’s prescription.
- Gain valid informed consent from a range of patients prior to treatment.
- Competently select the correct impression tray, mix and load impression material.
- Decontaminate and store impressions in line with HTM 01-05.
- Identify faults on impressions
- Demonstrate knowledge and competence through set assignments
What are the entry requirements?
- GDC registered
- Valid Basic Life Support certificate (CPR available through Acepace)
- Professional indemnity insurance (covering extended duties)
- Currently employed as dental nurse
- Time to complete the Clinical Record of Competence (cRoC)
- Employer support
- Suitably qualified GDC registered witness
- Copies of qualifying certificate
- Access to patient groups and required procedures.
- 12 months to complete your portfolio.
Please note that Candidates must have access to the following before enrolling on to the course:
Access to a minimum of 15 patients, including
- 13 dentate patients (min 2 adults, 3 elderly, 2 children.)
- 2 edentulous patients
- 3 hours in house workshop
- Online course modules plus essay questions at the end of each module
- Course Duration: 1 year part time, one day workshop, remaining will be online based.
- Course Fee: GBP 180.00 (this includes cost for cRoC)
- Course Booking Fee: GBP 50.00 (part of total fee).
- Able to complete CPD course for a discounted price.
- For more information on exam pattern and exam schedule/fee please visit org.
- Course Material: cRoC and student handbook will be handed to you on your first class.
Silent features of our course:
- State of the art facility at centre with hands on training.
- Experienced & qualified Dental Tutors.
- Live role play scenarios.
- Dentist/career advisor guest appearances.
- Very affordable.
- Our head tutor consistently achieved high pass rate over the years.
Apply via our website or call us on 02086481222 for more information.