Terms and Conditions and AcePace Rules & Regulations
Students must agree to abide by all AcePace T&C, regulations and policies and given to all students at time of enrolment. These are included in the Student Handbook, displayed on the AcePace website at http://www.acepacetraining.co.uk, and made available to students as required. They may be updated from time to time. A full list of documents containing AcePace’s relevant regulations and policies is available on request.
Students are required to:
- Follow all College procedures for submission of work and deadlines
- Abide by the College protocols & deadlines on academic standards and the avoidance of ‘unfair practice’ including plagiarism
- Respect all College property, equipment and learning resources
- Fulfil all financial obligations to the College as detailed below in Financial Regulations, Refunds and Transfers
- Respect the College’s attendance requirements and be aware that failure to do so may have implications, including the requirement to retake elements of the course and pay the associated charges.
Will you need a job in dental surgery?
Yes, you will have 3 months’ time from the start of your course to find a placement. The AcePace Recruitment team will provides a list of Private Surgeries who are in touch with us for the last 4/5 years and looking for more Trainee Dental Nurses so you can contact them as a registered/approved student at AcePace. AcePace will also supply weekly updates of vacancies to our students. You will be free to contact these vacancies to organise interviews by the way of contacting our admin team through email or phone call. Students who are unable to secure a placement within the first three months of starting the course will not be moved on to the National Diploma in Dental Nursing until they find a trainee dental nurse job.
We also provide Reference letter to the employee in case if you find a job at local practice.
All students will be enrolled on Introduction to Dental Nursing course and will be moved to National Diploma in Dental Nursing programme once they have secured a placement in a Dental Practice on a part or full time basis.
AcePace does not guarantee employment to any student as a result of purchasing and attending any of its training courses. However our recruitment team will, where possible, endeavor to assist students that attend courses to find suitable vacancies for potential employment opportunities. This will depend on suitability of the student to a client’s requirement, and whether or not there are any vacancies. AcePace reserve the right to select candidates for interviews with its clients or refuse to forward information regarding employment opportunities to any student who has purchased one or more of its courses. This applies to all courses run by AcePace Training. AcePace will supply weekly updates of vacancies to our students. You will be free to contact these vacancies to organise interviews by the way of our Job page located on our website. AcePace cannot be held responsible for its client’s requirements or selection criteria at any time.
You must be vaccinated against Hepatitis B and if possible provide evidence of Hepatitis B vaccination blood test results, to show that you’re anti body levels are high enough. You must also ensure that you are up to date with your tetanus booster and all childhood vaccinations before you start working in any dental practice.
Change of Tutors
AcePace Training reserves the right to change or replace tutors at short notice which may be due to unforeseen circumstances such as sickness and/or emergencies. AcePace Training do not guarantee the same tutor for an entire term of any course. In cases of unforeseen teacher absence AcePace Training will supply a substitute tutor/tutors for the period of the absence where enough notice was given which is 72 Hours. In cases where insufficient notice of an absence was given consultants of AcePace Training will make every reasonable effort to inform students of a lesson Cancelation via telephone calls and e-mails but cannot be held responsible for unreceived messages due to incorrect or eligible contact details which have been given to AcePace Training.
Refugees and Overseas students
AcePace Training cannot be held responsible for the failure of students to gain permission to study in the UK by the UK border agency. All students are solely responsible for attaining the correct information and permission to study in the UK ensuring that they obtain the correct visa before paying any part of their course fee. Please be aware that students must allow a reasonable amount of time in which to complete the record of experience document therefore no refunds will be given to any student who cancels a course on these grounds.
Failure to Attend Classes
It is in the student’s interests to attend all scheduled classes on this course. AcePace Training cannot be held responsible for information students have missed which was either given verbally in the class or in written form due to lateness or other personal problems that students may experience and as a result will not supply extra lesson time or handouts to any student who requests extra help for these reasons. It is the responsibility of the student to do extra reading and research for information that has been missed.
AcePace Training admin will record, monitor and report on the attendance of all students for all their timetabled classes.
Any absence will be considered to be unauthorized unless there is a valid reason and proof has been submitted.
Exam fee – £485 plus admin fee will be charged at the point of candidate registration with NEBDN
College Rights and Responsibilities
- The College will adhere to and implement good practice in applying its regulations, and meet its responsibilities as defined by all relevant external accrediting and awarding bodies/organisations and as detailed in the College Code of Commitment, which can be found in the Student Handbook.
- The College reserves the right to assess applications and to offer admission or reject applications as it deems appropriate, in line with course entry requirements and best practice among educational institutions.
- The College reserves the right to alter dates, fees and any particulars in published materials (in prospectus, brochures, or on the website) without prior notice. Equally, the College reserves the right to vary, amend or introduce regulations, terms, policies and procedures without prior notice, within reason. This does not affect the statutory rights of students, as indicated below.
- For courses where the number of teaching hours are not specified by an awarding body, the College reserves the right to vary within reason the length of the course, the number and length of holiday periods and the days on which the course runs.
- The College accepts no legal liability in the cases of accidents, illness, loss or damage to personal effects or mail, or for any damages or accidents caused through negligence or otherwise of a third party.
- The College reserves the right to contract any third party to provide services, including enforcing any terms of this agreement, and to store and share with any parties as appropriate, students’ personal information, subject to the United Kingdom’s Data Protection Act 2010.
- The College reserves the right to conduct and provide its services from premises within reasonable commuting distance of its current campus.
- The College reserves the right to initiate the recovery of all outstanding fees or College property from its students, and action to achieve this may include legal action as appropriate.
- The College reserves the right to change a student’s fee status classification in the light of changes in relevant UK legislation, or where the student has withheld relevant information.
- The College reserves the right to make special arrangements to cover exceptional/extenuating circumstances, at the discretion of the College.
- If a student is dissatisfied with either the course’s educational provision (other than the award of credit, a mark, or grade) or its support services, the following procedure must be followed.
- Step 1: Speak to AcePace admin staff and raise your concern
- Step 2: If you are still not satisfied then please put your complaint in writing to Hannah Huxley, Lead Tutor on Hannah@acepacetraining.co.uk. You will receive an acknowledgment report within 10 working days and the complaint will be dealt with within 28 working days.
- The student should contact the Course Director concerned in writing and explain the nature and grounds of the complaint.
- The course Director will acknowledge the complaint when received and resolve the complaint informally where possible, and record its outcome, where the issues raised by the student appear capable of effective and fair resolution by informal discussion with the student.
- If it appears to the course Director that the complaint appears on the face of it to be unjustified, misconceived or vexatious the course Director may write to the student and invite withdrawal of the complaint on such basis with an indication that the complaint will only proceed to an investigation if the student responds in writing and requires the complaint to proceed.
- In the event of a complaint proceeding formally, the course Director will consider the complaint in consultation with those concerned in the provision of the service e.g. the course tutor, internal assessor, programme manager or other service manager.
- Where a complaint puts in question a matter of academic performance and/or professional judgment/reputation of the person who is the subject of the complaint he/she shall have a right to put their case to the course Director.
- The course Director will provide the student with a provisional response in writing as soon as reasonable practicable, and in any case within four weeks of receiving the complaint. The student will be invited to comment in writing within seven days. The course Director will review the provisional response in the light of any observations communicated by the student and then finalize and provide the student with the written response itself within seven days of receiving any observations on the provisional response.
- If the course Director decides that there is a basis for the complaint, the course Director will seek an equitable resolution of the issue.
- If a student is expelled, a letter detailing the reasons will be sent to the student. The student will not be entitled to a refund of course fees paid. AcePace Training reserves the right to expel instantly any student contravening our gross misconduct policy.
Financial Regulations, Refunds and Transfers
- Students must pay the full tuition fee for a specific course.
- Course fees for self-financed students may be paid by instalments in agreement with the College.
- The College reserves the right to make the following charges, at the rates detailed in College regulations as updated from time to time.
- All fees are due immediately and are non-refundable as provisioning of your service commences immediately.
- All payments must be in UK Pounds Sterling. If your cheque is returned by the bank as unpaid for any reason, or if your credit card declines you will be liable for administration charge of £25.
- All monthly instalments must be paid by a recurring method of payment and as per agreed payment terms. Failure to do so will result in contact from our Collections Department and an admin fee of £25 will be incurred each time a letter is issued.
- All charges payable by you for the services shall be due and payable in advance of our service provision. Charges are exclusive of VAT, except it says otherwise which shall be paid additionally by you at the rate prescribed by law on submission by us of a proper VAT invoice;
- You agree to pay all value-added taxes related to the service(s) provided to you hereunder. All sums due and payable that remain unpaid after any applicable due period herein will accrue a late charge of £10 per week or the maximum amount allowed by law, whichever is less.
- AcePace will not either partly or fully refund your course fee to you at any point that you decide to leave the training course. The only time that we would agree to refund the course fee is if we decide not to run or cancel the course. The deposit otherwise is non-refundable.
- Withdrawal request from the candidate – if at any point the student withdraws from the course he/she will be required to pay the whole course fee. (if paying by instalment plan).
- In the event of non-payment of instalments where the instalment is more than 1 week overdue, AcePace will email to the student requesting a payment and detailing all overdue payments. A further 2 weeks will be granted to pay off the remaining overdue instalments. If no payment is received by the end of the extended period the student will automatically be suspended from the course until fees are paid up to date. Please note that this can seriously affect your chances of completing the qualification.
- Please note: In the event that a student failed to make the overdue payment, the company will reserve the right to pass the outstanding debt to the debt recovery team and the student will lose the right to the interest free monthly payment option. The remaining applied full balance will be due for settlement immediately.
Re-sit /Transfer Policy
If you fail;
a) the theory part of the exam, or
b) Fail the practical, or
c) Fail to meet the NEBDN’s deadline for ROE application in order to complete the exam that they originally booked the course for or,
d) Fail to submit their ROE by the required AcePace’s completion deadline or,
e) Fail to hand in your examination application form by the deadline in order to sit the examination that you originally booked the course for, you will have 2 options below to renew or extend your support
f) Admin fee is £50.00
You can renew your support to the next available written or practical examination and will include access to the Revision Session. This renewal will not include further lessons before the next examination however will offer the required level of support.
The renewal cost for re-sitting the NEBDN Theory examination is £399.00, this is made up of £125 Exam Resit Fee plus £274 course renewal by AcePace Training. If you had to re-sit the OSCE practical examination is £599.00, this is made up of £300 Exam Resit Fee plus £249 course renewal with AcePace Training. These fees include your examination fees for the above exams. Please note that we also offer further revision OSCE classes as part of the renewal, in order for you to prepare for the OSCE examination.
These fees include your examination fees for the above exams.
AcePace Training Fee Table Structure
|Fees to Complete Roe and to Enter the Exam|
|ROE support||Class allocation & RoE support|
|Fees to Enter or Re-Enter the Exam|
*This can only be applied to students who have completed the RoE portfolio.
If a student wishes to transfer class between 1-2 months after the commencement of the course for the reason mentioned above, he/she will be required to pay £275 towards the admin
If a student wishes to transfer to another class between 2-6 months after commencement of the course for the reason mentioned above, he/she will be required to pay £525 towards the admin and transfer fee.
Student can defer their course for future date (only 1 year deferral period allowed) for any reason, this will be £675 towards the deferral and admin fee. This applies to any student whom wishes to postpone the course until the next 12 months.
AcePace Training the total course fee for National Diploma in Dental Nursing 2017 is £1299
Inc. VAT for the students who would like to start the course from the beginning.
*Transfer: This is when a student wishes to change to a different scheduled class, however has same exam date as their current group.
*Defer: This is when a student wishes to change to a different scheduled class and the exam date is different date to their current exam date.
Candidates must pass both parts of the examination within the 3 year validity period of the Record of Experience.
AcePace has offered a deferment policy for our students that enable a student to defer from their original booking onto the next available course in our sequence of cohorts. This opportunity is looked at on a case by case basis and must be confirmed before the course start date and subject to availability. AcePace are unable to move students after their original course has begun. Please note that if a student is deferred to a later course enrolment, the course fees still need to be paid as per the original direct debit agreement in its entirety
Deferring an Exam
Any student that decides to defer their Theory exam will be subject to a £50 charge from the NEBDN in order to move the exam date. Once a student has applied for their ROE they are automatically assigned to the exam specified on the form, so any difference to this will incur the £50 charge. Please note that any extension fees to extend your course will be an additional cost to this, please refer to course handbook.
Please note that deferring your OSCE exam will be a different charge. Please contact the office for details.
Extending the course
When a student needs to extend their support period to cover them up until the next re-sit exams, this can be done at a discounted cost of £449.00 including vat. This will include Revision Sessions along with support and continuation of marking the EROE if required as well as full access to the College. Please note, this fee does not include the cost of the re-sit.
The Qualification Process
Full qualification of The Diploma in Dental Nursing is achieved by completing the process below;
- The student recognises that failure to complete any part of the process will result in not successfully becoming qualified as a dental nurse.
- Attend a course with an approved centre (AcePace Training is fully approved)
- Find a work placement ideally within the recommended time in order to complete the entire record of experience document in time for our deadline.
- Complete all required practical and written assignments from The Record of Experience and have them signed off by their GDC registered witness/dentist.
- Successfully pass both parts of The Diploma in Dental Nursing Examination for Dental Nurses.
The Record of experience document is valid for 3 years maximum. Please be aware, it is not possible to give time spans on how long it will take each student to complete their individual record of experience documents. You can complete your Record of Experience even if you acquire part time work, however, this may delay your progress. The NEBDN guidelines suggest a minimum of 3 months in order to complete your ROE.
Record of Experience
There will be a charge of £60.00 for a copy of the record of experience which is a mandatory requirement by the NEBDN on securing employment as a trainee Dental Nurse.
During your Induction class you will be provided with both the date that you must to apply for your Record of Experience and also the date that it will need to be completed by.
Reminders of your deadlines will be sent to all students throughout the course duration via email.
All students are requested to upload work for the Record of Experience on a regular consistent basis and not just upload all in a short space of time. All work must be completed in Draft form and then sent to your appointed Moderator.
All Students must have a minimum of 3 months work on the ROE to comply with the NEBDN Standards. These will be not be reminded by the AcePaceTeam during your course duration.
Policy for cancellations and refunds
AcePace will not either partly or fully refund your course fee to you at any point that you decide to leave the training course. The only time that we would agree to refund the course fee is if we decide not to run or cancel the course.
The deposit otherwise is non-refundable. Withdrawal request from the candidate – if at any point the student withdraws from the course he/she will be required to pay the whole course fee. (if paying by instalment plan).
Course fees will not be refunded where cancellations are received after or before the course commencement date, for whatever reason, no refund will be given. In addition, any balance of outstanding fees on the student’s account must be paid in full.
Refunds and Pregnancy
Where a candidate falls pregnant within 1 calendar month of the first lesson and this has been declared after the 5 working days cooling off period AcePace Training will refund 40% of any amount that have been paid up to the date of declaration of pregnancy to AcePace Training. The deposit is not refundable.
- Students are expected to attend the course they enrolled for from the start date applied for and of which they have been notified.
- The College reserves the right to exclude permanently any student who commits gross misconduct or a serious breach of College regulations. If such action is taken, the student will forfeit all fees or other payments made to the College.
- Students are financially liable for any damage that they may cause to AcePace’s property or equipment.
- Students are also required to abide by any additional course-specific regulations and policies which may be specified by AcePace Training.
- Late submission fees, assessment re-take fees and any other such charges.
- Students are entitled under the terms of this agreement to a refund of all or part of the fees paid in the following circumstances:
Should the College be unable to offer an advertised course on the advertised start date, or within a reasonable period thereafter a full refund will be given
- No refund of fees paid will be given under the following circumstances:
In cases of dishonesty, e.g. the non-disclosure to the College of information, the presentation of forged documents, any changes to documents seen by the College.
b. If a student withdraws from their course before the course completion date.
- The Fees and Deposit in not refundable in any other case.
Failure to service monthly instalment plan
If you have chosen the Instalment Plan option, your monthly payment will be taken by direct debit after completing and agreeing to our direct debit mandate conditions.
On choosing the instalment option you agree to the above schedule of payments. The course fees are due in full even if you decide to withdraw from the course. Upon withdrawal, You are liable to pay 4 monthly instalments of £260.
In the event of non-payment of instalments where the instalment is more than 1 week overdue, AcePace will email to the student requesting a payment and detailing all overdue payments. A further 2 weeks will be granted to pay off the remaining overdue instalments. If no payment is received by the end of the extended period the student will automatically be suspended from the course until fees are paid up to date. Please note that this can seriously affect your chances of completing the qualification.
Please note: In the event that a student failed to make the overdue payment, the company will reserve the right to pass the outstanding debt to the debt recovery team and the student will lose the right to the interest free monthly payment option. The remaining applied full balance will be due for settlement immediately.
What does it mean?
When someone submits an assignment that contains work that is not his/her own, without indicating this (providing reference or acknowledging the source/s), then it is ‘plagiarism’ and this is an offence.
- Copying from the notes or essays of a fellow student.
- Copying word-to-word directly from a text.
- Copying a phrase or sentence.
- Rephrasing the words from a source very closely.
- Using downloaded information from the internet.
- Copying or downloading figures, photographs, pictures or diagrams without acknowledging your sources
- Copying from your own notes, on a text, tutorial, video or lecture, that contains direct quotations.
Although you are encouraged to show the results of your reading by referring to and quoting from works on your subject, copying from such sources without acknowledgement is deemed to be plagiarism and will not be accepted by the college.
This means that you must make it clear which words and ideas are yours and which have come from elsewhere, through the use of quotation marks as well as in-text citations.
What to do?
Where plagiarised material is included in assignments, tutors are likely to notice the shifts in style and may be aware of the source. Seek their advice on this early on in your study.
Why not to plagiarise?
You might do it due to lack of self-confidence or from a lack of understanding about the aims of the assessment and about what is required of you. Assignments provide a vehicle for assessing your performance during your training and contribute to your overall result. However, they also assist you in understanding your subject and aid your learning on the topic.
When you choose, and attempt to use the ideas and terms independently, you learn more thoroughly and develop your own writing style. You are likely to perform better in examinations if you have learned how to write your own reports.
You are denying yourself the benefit of this valuable learning strategy by submitting work that is not your own. Copying would be counter-productive to your goal of understanding the topic and to real achievement. Most students will not wish to take such a negative approach to studying, and AcePace does not tolerate it.
You are encouraged to collaborate with others in studying, but submitted work copied from or written jointly with others is not acceptable, unless collaboration is required in the assignment.
Therefore, you will be asked to acknowledge a statement to confirm that all portfolio/homework you have submitted is your own. Submitting work that has been done by someone else and persistent borrowing of other people’s work without citation are obvious instances of plagiarism and are regarded as cheating. Copying answers from social networking sites is cheating. Paying for work from other sources and submitting it as your own is also cheating. It gives one student an unfair advantage over others, that’s why it’s wrong. Passing on your assignments to others, with the knowledge that another student may copy the assignment will also lead to a penalty.
If a case of plagiarism is proven, this is a serious offence and AcePace’s below disciplinary procedures will be followed:
- Student will be suspended until further decision and be given verbal/written warning.
- Student can be asked to resubmit whole or part of the assignment.
If a candidate fails to comply then below actions will be taken:
- Student might be removed from the college.
- Student might be reported to governing bodies.
Students are financially liable for any damage that they may cause to AcePace property or equipment.
AcePace QA Documents
The AcePace Rules, Regulations and Policies which relate to students can be found in the following documents:
- Student Handbook
- Students Complaints Procedures
- Plagiarism and Unfair Practice Policy
- Examination Entry and Assignment Submission Policy
- Attendance Policy
- Health and Safety Policy
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Research Ethics Guidelines
- Schedule of Fees and Charges
- Fee and Refund Policy