Who is CACHE & NCFE?
CACHE is the UK’s leading sector specialist and is the awarding body for the Level 3 Diploma in Principles and Practice of Dental Nursing.
What is the Level 3 Diploma in Principles and Practice of Dental Nursing?
This qualification focuses on direct chair side work and support during a range of dental treatments. When successfully achieved leads to registration with GDC (General Dental Council) and gives you a better career prospect.
This is a 12 months course which runs for 2 hrs fortnightly or 3 hours every third week in a classroom based environment located in South West London.
The qualification is assessed both internally via assessment tasks and observations, and externally at the dental practice through clinical assessments by our experienced dental assessors. There are two online multiple choice exams taken at the centre (no practical exam).
You will also be required to work on a portfolio consisting of 17 units. To complete the portfolio, you should be working in a dental practice as a trainee dental nurse for a minimum of 16 hours a week.
On successful completion of the portfolio and both exams, you will get a qualification certificate from the examining body CACHE & NCFE, which allows you to register with GDC and become a registered Dental Care Professional (DCP).
What will you study in this course?
You will be covering 17 modules in areas such as:
- Understanding ethics and professionalism in dental nursing
- Preparing and maintaining environments, instruments and equipment for clinical dental procedures
- Dental Anatomy
- Oral Diseases
- Dental Radiography
- Restorative dentistry
- First Aid essentials
What can you achieve after successfully completing this qualification?
- Gain GDC registration
- Earn better wages
- Post registration courses and become a specialist nurse
- Dental Hygienist
- Dental Therapist
- Specialist in Dental Radiography
- Pursue your career and become a Dentist
What will be your roles as a Dental Nurse?
- Set up for each and every patient, providing the Dentist with the correct equipment and instruments
- Assist the Dentist during treatment by passing relevant instruments and equipment, aspirating and retracting if necessary
- Prepare and mix materials
- Write patient notes correctly and efficiently as dictated by the Dentist
- Monitor the patient as of entering the room, during treatment and as they leave the surgery
- Offer support and reassurance to patients
- Carry out stock control
If and when a Dental Nurse works on reception, duties may involve:
- Greeting patients and checking them in
- Answering the phone and interacting with patients
- Booking appointments
- Taking payments
- Liaising with laboratories and referral practices/hospitals
Why Choose AcePace?
- Introduction to Dental Nursing is free with this course worth £100.00 (inc VAT)
- Interview and personality development workshop is free with this course worth £125.00 (Inc VAT)
- Free BLS/CPR course
- Mock Exams and revision classes
- Book and Other Learning Material are free and within the course fee
- In-house recruitment team can assist students will finding placements
What you need to start Dental Nursing?
- Get enrolled on an accredited Dental Nurse Course: Please be aware that it is mandatory to be on a training course
- Before you can start working as a Trainee Dental Nurse. You can enrol on our courses after successfully passing the initial assessment test
- Have your Hepatitis B vaccination
- A valid proof of ID
- A valid visa with permission to work in the UK for non-resident students
- National Insurance number
Course duration: 12 months Part-time
Course fee: GBP 1699.00 (includes tuition fees, exam fees & a basic First Aid course)
Course Booking Fee: GBP 299.99 (deducted from total fee)
Monthly instalment plan available
Course Material: Textbook and timetable will be provided on the first day of the course.
- You can receive a gift voucher if you refer another candidate who registers with us and pays the fee.
- Group discounts available